How to navigate the shades of grey when it comes to performance managing your staff
About The Event
There’s nothing like that sinking feeling when you realise you’ve got a staff issue that needs to be addressed.
What will be covered?
We can all appreciate that failure to follow the correct termination process can result in being hauled in front of the Fair Work Commission to face unfair dismissal claims.
This FREE must-attend event is open to both members and non-members of Business SA and is specifically designed for business owners, management teams and for those with HR and people responsibilities.
Join our expert guest speaker Joe Murphy, a specialist employment and industrial relations lawyer. Joe is Managing Director - National Workplace at Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors, an award-winning, Australian Chamber-owned law firm committed to providing practical and innovative employment and industrial relations advice to business.
- An overview of why people underperform
- The performance management process; including the most common myths about warnings
- The termination process; employee initiated and employer initiated
- Unfair dismissal claims (the risk of termination)
- What happens if you are taken to the Fair Work Commission or experience a Fair Work Claim
- General update on areas that impact South Australian businesses including Fair Work and Workers Compensation
- Find out how our new Workplace Assured Membership can assist with your workplace relations obligations
These sessions fill fast – register your place today by clicking the Register Here button below.
These seminars are FREE
and open to both members and non-members of Business SA, specifically designed for business owners, management teams and for those with HR responsibilities.
Friday 23 February 2018
: Goyder Mezzannine, Royal Adelaide Showgrounds, Wayville
Registration from 8am for 8.30-11.30am (Q&A with Joe Murphy 10.30-11.30am)
Light refreshments will be provided. Parking is available via Rose Terrace car park.
Book your place via the registration form below. Our last Workplace Update event
sold out so be quick to secure your place.
Registrations are now closed as we have reached capacity.